Wednesday 6 April 2011

Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

I'm finding it hard to get back into the routine of housework and cooking after my holiday, and don't yet seem to be in the mood for experimenting with new baking recipes. So for the moment I'm content to keep the 'cake tin' full with some old tried and tested favourites.

This was my second attempt at this recipe from Cookie Madness, for cookies made with oil. On my first attempt, the dough was a bit sloppy and the cookies spread too far, which I though might be down to using spelt flour and oatmeal instead of the correct ingredients. This time I used wholemeal flour and rolled oats, as stipulated in the recipe and it made a much firmer dough. I also used sunflower oil this time (75g - it's much easier to weigh it!), upped the chocolate content to 100g and used 45g dried cranberries instead of nuts.


The cookies were nice and chewy, but quite thick, so perhaps I should have flattened them a bit more. I think this is going to be a good basic dough for cookies made with oil; it will take any sort of additions in the form of dried fruit, nuts, seeds, spices and chocolate.

2 comments:

Pity said...

yummy! they look so delicious, cheers!

Snowy said...

Sounds like a very useful recipe to have. They look good.