Sunday 18 October 2009

Praline Brownies

I've written about these before, but they are so good that it doesn't hurt to mention them again. I can also include a picture this time, as this is the first time I've made them since I started writing this blog.

This recipe for Praline Brownies is taken from the Telegraph newspaper. They are lower in sugar than my usual recipe but much higher in chocolate content, with 225g in the batter mix and another 225g in the topping. As mentioned before, I used a mixture of Guylian seashells, white chocolate and 74% plain chocolate for the topping. I also used 85% plain chocolate in the brownie batter this time, making a dense intense but not over-sweet brownie.

Cooking them as in the recipe makes a very gooey brownie - much sloppier than I like to eat them, so I cook for an extra 5 minutes and don't cool them quickly.

3 comments:

Debs @ DKC said...

Mmmmmm, these sound sooo delicious, I just love the Guylian chocolates & I can get them here in Spain too.

Suelle said...

The recipe mentions praline-filled bars of chocolate but I couldn't find any, and while using chopped seashells sounds extravagent, they aren't much more expensive than other good quality chocolate.

Karine said...

Praline brownies? That seems so amazing! Thanks for sharing :)