Tuesday 15 November 2016

Almond and Mocha Bundt

According to Lynn Hill, founder of the Clandestine Cake Club, November 15th is National Bundt Cake Day. I don't know if this is just  a themed  'day' that's imported from America, but I thought it would be nice to bake a small bundt cake anyway. So here's a picture for Bundt Day.


I'm not going to share the recipe yet, as it still needs some work; it was an almond flavoured cake batter, containing crushed slivers of almonds for texture, layered with a mocha flavoured portion. I'd hoped the mixture would swirl during baking but the portion of the batter I'd flavoured with cocoa and coffee was too dense. Tasted good though!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Wow, now that's different, I love it.
Great shape too, which Bundt tin is it?

Suelle said...

It's not a Nordicware tin, its a small tin which used to be sold by Lakeland, but I don't think it's available now. It takes roughly the same amount of cake batter as a 1lb loaf tin, so good for just the two of us.

Unknown said...

what a lovely looking creation... love the way the golden sponge looks so golden!

Suelle said...

Thanks, Dom, but I think it's partly a trick of the light. It was late in the day and I used both the flash on the camera and artificial light!